DANGOTES TRUCK WAS AN ANGEL




I’ve had an encounter or two, maybe three or more.

One was a strange experience while in the university. Alone in my room, on block 9, Amina hall (Female Hostel) A. B. U. Zaria, I slept off while boiling a pot of rice. I awoke at the sudden feeling of an invisible hand lifting my right hand to point at the pot of rice which I was cooking, in an obvious attempt to alert me that my rice was about to burn. I’ve burnt food several times in my lifetime. What was special about that day? I guess I needed a reassurance of God’s presence at that time in my life and He graciously showed up. I write now about that experience in worship of the Creator of the universe. A present help is He in your time of need.



Dangote truck drivers block Lagos-Abeokuta road, cause gridlock ...Are you still wondering about Dangote’s Truck? Ok, this is what happened. I took a road trip to Kaduna from Zaria with my children one faithful day in 2015. A few minutes after we got on the expressway, somewhere between Zaria and Kaduna, we were suddenly engulfed in a cloud of dust. I could see nothing except those in the car. In confusion, I stopped the car in the middle of the highway! A good reason to never have been able to tell this story had God not sent us help, both seen and unseen.

I managed to find my way to the side of the road and I parked, not knowing where I was. For sure I knew where I was coming from and where I was headed. I just wasn’t sure which of these two I should choose as my new destination, in the face of the change in weather. It was now raining heavily. I was so scared especially because I had three children in the car, one of which kept screaming. I still couldn’t really see anything and my headlamps were not strong. Then, the Dangote’s truck came along and I didn’t think twice. In a split second I was behind it and I stubbornly stuck to it until I got to Kaduna because all I could see the whole journey through was just that- Dangote’s truck. Wasn’t that an angel.

I’ll let you decide.

Comments

Popular Posts